China is calling for calm and restraint following the failed North Korean missile launch.
The official Chinese reaction to Friday’s North Korean missile launch was subdued. Foreign Ministry spokesman Liu Weimin did not stray from statements made previously.
Liu said China hopes parties can stay calm and exercise restraint, stay committed to dialogue and refrain from taking actions that worsen the situation on the Korean peninsula and the region.
He noted that China expressed its concerns and worries when North Korean announced the satellite launch, and now calls for all sides to make efforts to maintain peace and stability.
He added that China has maintained communication and coordination over this with North Korea, Japan, Russia, South Korea and the United States. He said authorities did not receive any advance notice from Pyongyang about the Friday morning launch.
Filed Under: WORLD NEWS
About the Author: