October 26, 2012
Referred to only as “Soldier X” under promise of anonymity, an Army National Guardsman spoke via phone with Infowars Nightly News Producer Rob Dew regarding a recent briefing his unit underwent on actions the military would take in the event that an Obama election loss sparked rioting in America’s streets.
Loose Tweets Sink Ships: Secret Service Sets up hotline for ‘suspicious’ Web Posts
October 25, 2012
With less than two weeks to go before the US presidential election, the Secret Service is ramping up its intelligence-gathering efforts and asking Twitter users to report threatening tweets against politicians to a local field office.
Debates over the November 6 election are already raging on social media: Users exchanged around 6.5 million tweets during the third presidential debate on Monday, and a few of the messages contained death threats against President Obama and GOP nominee Mitt Romney.
Another 21 million tweets were made during the previous vice presidential and two presidential debates.
The US Secret Service, which is tasked with protecting the president and top government officials, recently issued a statement on their Twitter account asking users to report threatening tweets: “To report a tweet that concerns you, call the nearest field office in your state.”
The Secret Service opened their twitter account over a year ago. The organization maintains no other social media accounts, which hints at Twitter’s importance and usefulness in intelligence-gathering.
Image from US Secret Service Twitter feeds
Politics, hate and death threats
The recent presidential debates ignited heated arguments on Twitter from supporters of both presidential candidates, with some making death threats against Obama and Romney:
“Don’t worry guys if Romney is elected as President I’ll take the fall for you all and assassinate him“, tweeted @kay_dizzle94.
“I would love to shoot romney with a shotgun [sic],” tweeted @jasg30.
“I have a 1 step plan: Kill Romney,” declared @KeshiaCheesman.
“Someone needs to assassinate Obama … like ASAP“, tweeted Alyssa Douglas.
“Ima hit president Obama with that Lee Harvey Oswald swag,” wrote Donte Jamar Sims.
Image from users’ Twitter feeds
Some of these threats are currently being investigated by the Secret Service.
Although Twitter cannot disclose users’ locations, the agency has “the means at [its] disposal” to locate Twitter users, Secret Service spokesperson Ed Donovan told the Los Angeles Times. The organization could, for example, issue a court-approved subpoena to an Internet service provider.
Sims, 21, from North Carolina was arrested in September and is accused of threatening to kill President Barack Obama in a series of Twitter messages, including one reading, “the Secret Service is gonna be defenseless once I aim the Assault Rifle at Barack’s Forehead.” He is currently in police custody.
And 25-year-old Jarvis Britton of Alabama was also arrested last month and charged with death threats against the president after an anonymous caller reported a tweet that said, “free speech? Really? Let’s test this! Let’s kill the president!”
Secret Service took action and interviewed Britton after they noticed other tweets on his feed referring to cyanide poisoning. Britton later sent out another tweet that read, “Let’s kill the president. F.E.A.R.” He was arrested shortly afterward.
He pleaded not guilty on October 16, but threats against the president are considered a felony in US, punishable by a fine and up to five years in prison. His fate remains unclear.
Intelligence agencies’ interest in social media is not a new phenomenon. The FBI and local police have for years regularly monitored and collected information on US citizens on Facebook and Twitter.
The FBI is reportedly attempting to create a system that would automatically monitor social media users. The bureau is attempting to build a network where ‘suspicious’ posts would be flagged and instantly reveal the user’s location to authorities.
This article first appeared on RT.com.
“Disposition Matrix”: President’s 10-Year Plan for the Kill List
Joe Wolverton, II, J.D.
Oct 25, 2012
There will be no end to the War on Terror and the targeting of “suspected militants” will continue and become more sophisticated, according to an article published in the Washington Post on October 23.
In the piece, Greg Miller describes a project the Obama administration has been developing for a couple of years called — in true Orwellian fashion — the “disposition matrix.”
Glen Greenwald at the Guardian (U.K.) describes the matrix’s chain of command:
The “disposition matrix” has been developed and will be overseen by the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC). One of its purposes is “to augment” the “separate but overlapping kill lists” maintained by the CIA and the Pentagon: to serve, in other words, as the centralized clearinghouse for determining who will be executed without due process based upon how one fits into the executive branch’s “matrix”.
According to reports, the plans for perpetuating and perfecting the death-by-drone program “contains the names of terrorism suspects arrayed against an accounting of the resources being marshaled to track them down, including sealed indictments and clandestine operations.”
The article quotes “U.S. officials” saying that the matrix will improve the existing pair of kill lists (one maintained by the President, the other kept by the CIA) by “mapping plans for the ‘disposition’ of suspects beyond the reach of American drones.”
Readers unfamiliar with the argot of the White House and the intelligence community should understand that the phrase “plans for the disposition” of someone means plans for summarily executing a person who has never been accused of a crime and who has never been proven to have any plan to attack the United States or its interests.
Latest Ammunition Purchase Reeks of Collusion and Chicago Style Politics
By James Smith
October 21, 2012
Contributed by PPRNNEWS
Failing to abide by established laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures, the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (DHS/ICE) has not only ordered, but awarded the contract purchase of over 6 million 9 mm JHP rounds.
The amount is tiny, and is unjustified, and raises more questions than Mr. Obama’s actual birth place.
The standard procedure, as done many times before is to issue a solicitation for the ammunition.
This allows manufacturers to submit bids for the line items. An award notice is then generated, and all this is to be made public.
Because we have the “Most Transparent Administration” in history – this is what should happen.
But it didn’t.
A review of the past 12 months failed to locate the solicitation number, 192112NFU0000345. Further, there are no documents attached to the solicitation.
Which raises the first question: How did the contract winner, Ammunition Accessories, Inc. out of Lewiston, Idaho, know:
- That there was a request for 9 mm ammunition?
- Because there is no justification for sole source, how did they know how much ammunition would be required, and the dates of delivery.
- Where to send the paperwork, and to whom?
You see, all that information is missing. There is usually a “Statement Of Work” that is attached to these solicitation, and yet this one lacks even a speck of information.
Did they receive special consideration? They may have.
The company, a part of Alliant Techsystems Operations LLC (ATK), on June 30, 2012,will change to Federal Cartridge Company. Federal Cartridge, and ATK have been frequent awardees to DHS ammunition solicitations.
Using a common metasearch for the required ammunition – 9 mm 124 grain Jacketed Hollow Point, was found.
Based on the award amount of $4,870,008.50 it was calculated that 6,957,155 rounds – nearly 7 million rounds of ammunition was purchased.
But the ammunition is not needed. According to the solicitation, the rounds are for duty. Not for training. That being said:
.40 cal S&W rounds are for duty, according to the following solicitations and stories (links do not specifically detail solicitations, only ammunition purchases:
The next question then is, what is the ammunition for? It is certainly will not be used for personnel protection, as the DHS/ICE are actually moving away from the .40 S&W JHP, and going to 5.56 x 45mm NATO rounds.
Currently, DHS/ICE has allotted 140 million rounds of .40 cal S&W JHP ammunition for this calendar year. Too much to be used in the line of duty, training, or simple stockpiling.
But the Number One Question is still unanswered.
The one question that has never been adequately answered is this:
Since 2009, a grand total of 2,206,308,445 (Over 2.2 BILLION) rounds have been purchased by the Department of Homeland Security.
When you find that out, you may be the world’s smartest person.
About the Author: