Did you stumble across this blog while searching for natural remedies to your health and beauty problems? Then it is time to stay calm and say bye to all your stress and anxieties, as this article on ashwagandha is definitely going to help you.
Ashwagandha or Indian winter cherry or Indian ginseng is one of the best herbal ingredients that the age old science Ayurveda gifted mankind. It is extremely popular in India and can be used to treat a lot of health problems. You can have ashwagandha capsule/ tablet supplements or churna with milk, water, honey or ghee. This evergreen shrub is mostly found in the Middle East, India and Africa.
Charaka, an ayurvedic scholar (100BC) once quoted- “One obtains longevity, regains youth, gets a sharp memory and intellect and freedom from diseases, gets a lustrous complexion, and strength of a horse.” The name is derived from two sanskrit words “Ashwa” meaning horse and “gandha” meaning smell.
Ashwagandha is considered as rasayana that is essential for lengthening your lifespan. It is also considered as Bhalya and adaptogen, which means it can increase strength and relieve stress.
The various Benefits of using ashwagandha:
- It is one of the best solutions for reducing anxiety, stress and depression.
- Consumption of ashwagandha supplements can help to reduce insomnia and help you sleep well.
- It can help to boost your immunity.
- The antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of ashwagandha roots can help your skin get rid of pimples and cane.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of ashwagandha can help to reduce inflammation and chronic joint pains.
- Ashwagandha supplementation is excellent for improving your heart health. This magical ingredient can help to reduce high blood pressure and cholesterol levels, both of which helps to improve your cardiovascular health.
- It is one of the key ingredients that is used in a lot of ayurvedic medicines for the treatment of Alzheimer disease.
- It can also be used to reduce problems related to respiratory organs. Numerous studies have proved that ashwagandha can help to reduce asthma.
- Consumption of ashwagandha can also help to reduce risks associated with stomach ulcers.
- It can help to increase your stamina and improve your performance.
- Ashwagandha consumption can be really effective in improving your squall health.
- It can be used to treat Vitiligo, which is a skin disease that results in loss of skin color in blotches.
Some of the best Ashwagandha supplements that you can consider for yourself:
- TrueBasics Ashwagandha with 600 mg of KSM-66
- HealthKart Ashwagandha
- Healthvit Ashwagandha Powder
- INLIFE Ashwagandha (500 mg)
- Himalayan Organics Organic Ashwagandha 1000mg Serve
- Upakarma Ayurveda Ashwagandha Extract
- Amway Nutrilite Ashwagandha
- MuscleBlaze Ayurveda for Performance – Ashwagandha 1000mg
- Natures Velvet Ashwagandha Pure Extract (500 mg)
Conclusion: There is no doubt that ashwagandha usage can help to elevate your overall lifestyle, but at the same time it is also good to consider the dosage recommendations given by a medical practitioner or an ayurvedic doctor. An expert can help you with the right dosage as per your age, gender, stamina and health conditions.