Table of Contents
A considerable lot of us have experienced a situation where we have made a Word document and afterward unintentionally finished it off without saving it. Is it lost forever? Do I need to reproduce the whole document over? Those are only a couple of inquiries that will be flying around in your mind. Relax and follow the steps below to recover your Unsaved Word document.
How to Recover an Unsaved Word Document
If you know well the address on your computer, you can search with the URL:
C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\UnsavedFiles. Or you can follow the steps below to recover Word document:
- In MS Word, press the File Tab in the upper left.
- Press Manage Document and select Recover Unsaved Documents from the drop-down list.
- From the drop down list, press Recover Unsaved Documents.
- Open the recovered Word document and press the Save As button in the top banner.
Have you recover your document quickly as well as saved for future access.
How to Recover Existing Word Document Without Saving It
Another situation where accidentally closing out of a previously saved document but failing to save the latest changes. Words will help you recover up to the last 10 minutes of your work.
- Click File tab > Manage Documents.
- Search and press the > autosave version to recover the latest changes made to your document > Save your recovered Microsoft Word document.
Recovering Unsaved Word Document on Mac
Accidentally closed Word documents without saving on Mac? Do you realize how to recover unsaved Word documents on Mac? Microsoft Word for Mac, you may find the unsaved document in the AutoRecovery folder.
Where to Find Your Unsaved Word Documents
- Recovered Items
- Temporary Folder
- AutoRecovery Folder
Recovering Unsaved Word Documents on Mac from TMP Folder
- “Applications” > “Utilities” and double-click “Terminal”.
- In the Terminal, enter open $TMPDIR > “TemporaryItems”. Right-click the desired unsaved Word files and open with MS Word.
- Save the MS Word file by clicking on “File” > “Save As” and save it to the desired location.
Recovering Unsaved Word Docs on Mac with AutoRecovery
- Search and Open “Finder” on your Mac > “Go to Folder”.
- Type: ~/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Word/Data/Library/Preferences/AutoRecovery and click “Go”.
- Open the AutoRecovery folder, search the files that start with the words “AutoRecovery save of”. Select your desired file, rename the file, then add the “.doc” filename extension.
Recovering Unsaved Word Document on Mac from Recovered Item
- Open “Trash” and click its icon on the dock.
- Search “Recovered items” and click into it > unsaved Word file. If you cannot find it, try the next solution.
Recover UnSaved Word Document with Cisdem Data Recovery Software
Cisdem Data Recovery for Mac is third-party specialized Mac data recovery software that can scour your MacBook, iMac, internal/external hard drive, cameras, USB flash drives, Memory Cards, SD cards, and more. The software also supports file systems like APFS, HFS+, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, and NTFS, etc.
We strongly recommend you download its Cisdem Data Recovery 6 for Mac version.
With the help of Cisdem Data Recovery software, you can restore lost Word documents on Mac. Regardless of how you lost the information, 5 modes are extraordinarily intended for various data loss situations.
- Basic Mac Data Recovery
- Trash Recovery
- Formatted Drive Recovery
- External Devices Recovery
- Advanced File Recovery